Thursday, August 15, 2013

New Nail Polish & High-End Dupes


I was browsing at my local CVS and I picked up these two Wet n Wild nail polishes. One of the nail polishes was from their megalast line and I got the color Sugar Coat, which is this pretty cream baby pink color. The other nail polish is from their Wild Shine line and I bought the color Sparked, which is this pink super glittery polish. The glitter one cost me $1 while the cream pink cost me $2, which is an amazing price considering their are similar dupes of these polishes costing triple that price.

As soon as I got home I got in my manicure mode and started trying these polishes out. I painted all my nails with the cream baby pink color, then on my ring finger I taped up a diagonal line across my nail and tipped off the nail with Sparkled glitter polish. I love my manicure it's so girly and classic I can wear it with any outfit!




I was surprised to find that my Wet n Wild polish in Sugar Coat is similar to Essie's Ballet Slippers, or Mademoiselle, but the big difference is that Essie polishes cost $8, which is 4 times more then what I paid. While looking through Pintrest at similar polish colors I found OPI's Bubble Bath is also just like my polish, but costing $9, and Dolce & Gabbana's Rose Petal costing $24 is very identical. Finding these similar polishes costing so much more then my Wet n Wild made me love my polish even more! While I was in CVS I saw that Milani had an exact similar polish called Disco Lights, costing $5, that resembled Sparked. I think the picture below is lighter but in person both polishes are identical. I also found Essie's A Cut Above, costing $8, and Nails inc's Chealsea Square, costing $10, to be resembling Sparked. This goes to show that you don't have to pay so much more for that perfect polish you like, if you look hard enough you will find a more affordable double, that is just as beautiful if not more!

No comments:

Post a Comment